Monday, August 7, 2017

Secret Music News, August 2017

Hi -

  July was a nice month, featuring an interview and performance with
guitarist Matteo Palmer. It's heartening to see so much talent in someone so young. He's a great
guy and it was a pleasure to hear him play. I've got more
interviews/performances in the works, too. Ambient guitarist Errant Space
is coming in on August 13 to play live and talk to us. And in September,
harp guitarist Alex Anderson is coming in to play for us. I'm always open
to artists who want to come in to talk and/or play live. Just drop me a
line and we'll work something out.

  I've gotten some great new music lately, too. If you've got something
new you'd like me to hear, just let me know. CD's are always appreciated, but downloads are
fine and dandy as well. Whichever you prefer.

  Coming up in September is WVKR's annual fundraiser. The station gets
part of its funding from Vassar College, but the rest comes from the kind donations of our
listeners. We wouldn't be broadcasting if it weren't for them. If you'd
like to help, that's great. We're always looking for premiums we can offer
in exchange for donations. CD's are always welcome, but so are T-shirts,
downloads and other such goodies. If you have something you'd like to
contribute, please let me know. I really appreciate it.

  Here's my address for those of you who need it:

Scott Raymond/WVKR
PO Box 146
Fishkill, NY 12524                   

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for July, 2017. Enjoy!  
  

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM


 WVKR-FM "Secret Music" TOp 20 Playlist
  July, 2017

1. Peter Calandra - The Road Home - PCM
2. Demen - Nektyr - Kranky
3. Catherine Marie Charlton - I Dream About This World - Phil's Records
4. Tony Masiello - Gathered Coincidence - Self Released
5. Jeffrey Koepper - MantraSequent - Projekt
6. Doug Wood - The Road Home - Self Released
7. Alien Nature & Michael Bruckner - The Dark Path - Neu Harmony
8. dreamSTATE - DRoNE Day - e-SPACE
9. Kevin Kastning and Mark Wingfield - The Line to Three - Greydisc Records
10. Forrest Smithson - Journey of the Outshining Source
11. Simon Wilkinson - Merging the Infinite - The Blue Mask
12. Charles Goff III - Files For Smoother Louver Lovers - Taped Rugs
13. SpiralDreams - Movements - Neu Harmony
14. Alluste - The Silence Of Time - Neu Harmony
15. William Basinski - A Shadow In Time - 2062 Records
16. Fenton - Mythic Failures - 12K
17. Altus - Sleep Theory Volume 3
18. Laraaji - Celestial Vibration - Soul Jazz
19. Charles Goff III & Walls Of Genius - Lodovico Cement - Taped Rugs
20. Joy Askew - Queen Victoria - Self Released

No comments:

Post a Comment