Sunday, November 6, 2016

Secret Music News, November 2016

Hi -

  Things have been busy this past month, but in a good way. Started a new
job, got some time off and went to Philadelphia to meet people and take pictures. Got to
see Harrison McKay of the Tangent Project and Hotel Neon in concert, which
was a lot of fun. Also got to talk to Chuck Van Zyl of Star's End fame.
He's a great guy and incredibly gracious person.

  Fall is here, and there are several live concerts and events of interest
to people in the Hudson Valley area. Centrozoon will be playing at Quinn's in Beacon on
11/13, and Ben Neill and Mimi Goese will be playing at the Towne Crier in
Beacon on 11/17. Centrozoon will also be performing live on my show on
11/20. And I'm very excited about an upcoming live interview with Paul
Winter on my show on 11/27.

  Most of you know me at this point. but there's a few that might not. My
name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a New
Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt
non-commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 29
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org.           

  I'm always looking for new and interesting music to play. If you have
something you think I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below. I'm perfectly
fine with downloads instead of CD's, especially for all you overseas
people who pay large sums of money to mail things here to the states.
Don't get me wrong. I love CD's and love to see nice packaging. But I know
what it costs to mail such things, too. It's up to you. I usually prefer
high quality MP3's, though I can accept other formats if necessary. Just
send me an email for more info. At least half of what I play these days
comes to me through downloads. Thanks.  

Scott Raymond/WVKR
PO Box 146
Fishkill, NY 12524                   

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for October, 2016. Enjoy!
     

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM


 WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
  October, 2016

1. Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein - Stranger Things OST Volume 1 - Lakeshore
2. Sonic Skypilots - Interplanetary Medium - Self Released
3. Lisa Downing - The Wisdom of My Shadow - Vision Quest Entertainment
4. Auroric Dreams - As The Orbit Grows - Space For Music
5. Tony Gerber - Totem - da/73
6. Roy Mattson - Projected Formations - Self Released
7. Tapes and Topographies - Tapes and Topographies - Simulacra Records
8. Mind Soup - Yesterday's Tomorrow - Self Released
9. Sarah Neufeld - The Ridge - Paper Bag
10. Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith & Suzanne Ciani - FRKWYS Volume 13: Sunergy - RVNG
11. Intersonic Subformation - Into The Void - Self Released
12. Kevin Keller - Intermezzo - Kevin Keller Productions
13. Tapes and Topographies - Soft Decibels - Simulacra
14. Gregg Plummer - Circumstantial Dimensions - Self Released
15. Simon Wilkinson - Perpetual Dimensions - The Blue Mask
16. Mathias Grassow - The Darklight Quest - Gterma
17. Vessels Of Light - Sanctuary Of Peace - Space For Music
18. Hennie Bekker - Beyond Dreams - Pathways to Deep Relaxation - Abbeywood Records
19. M.Geddes Gengras - Interior Architecture - Intercoastal
20. Aria Rostami & Daniel Blomquist - Wandering Eye - Glacial Movements

No comments:

Post a Comment