Monday, April 6, 2015

Secret Music News, April 2015

Hi -

   Nice to finally see some warm weather. Got out for awhile today and it
 felt great. I hope the rest of you have weathered the winter well. Was a bad one here in more
ways than one. Missed a few great shows, but looking forward to some new
ones. Looking forward to seeing Pierre Bensusan play nearby next week.

  Most of you know me at this point. but there's a few that might not. My
name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a New
Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt
non-commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 27
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org.          

  I'm always looking for new and interesting music to play. If you have
something you think I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below. I'm perfectly
fine with downloads instead of CD's, especially for all you overseas
people who pay large sums of money to mail things here to the states.
Don't get me wrong. I love CD's and love to see nice packaging. But I know
what it costs to mail such things, too. It's up to you. I usually prefer
high quality MP3's, though I can accept other formats if necessary. Just
send me an email for more info. At least half of what I play these days
comes to me through downloads. Thanks.  

  Most of you have noted that my mailing address has changed, though some
of you may want to double check. I wouldn't want something to get lost or returned
when mail forwarding runs out. For various reasons, I've decided to go
with a PO Box for the foreseeable future. Please use the following address
for all mailings through traditional post. For UPS/package mailings,
please contact me for a suitable shipping address. Thanks for your
understanding. 

Scott Raymond/WVKR
PO Box 146
Fishkill, NY 12524                   

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for March, 2015. Enjoy! 
   
http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/



  WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
    March, 2015

1. Ken Elkinson - Music For Commuting Volumes 7-12 - August Son Productions
2. Moebius/Story/Leidecker - Snowghost Pieces - Bureau B
3. Emerald Web - Catspaw - Anodize
4. Bruno Sanfilippo - Inside Life - ad21 Music
5. Cousin Silas - The Place It Used To Be - Self Released
6. Chris Russell - Illuminoid - Relaxed Machinery
7. Igneous Flame - NYX - LuminaSounds
8. Real Time - Lights Of The Universe - Syngate
9. Hammock - The Sleepover Series, Vol. II - Hammock Music
10. Muriel Anderson - Nightlight Daylight - Self Released
11. Phillip Wilkerson - Wondrous Encounters - Self Released
12. Igneous Flame - Ikon - Lumina Sounds
13. Johan Tronestam - Compunctio - Syngate
14. Ebia - Herrscher Im Orbit - Syngate
15. Metlay! - Fog Music 27 - Aural Films
16. Usr/Sbin - Fog Music 25 - Aural Films
17. Michael Meara - Crossing Hollow Space - Aural Films
18. Kendra Logozar Springer - Faith - Self Released
19. Ludovico Einaudi w/ Cecilia Chailly - Stanze - Decca Records
20. Sherry Finzer - Sanctuary III: Beyond the Dream - Heart Dance Records


No comments:

Post a Comment