Monday, November 10, 2014

Secret Music News, November 2014

Hi -

  My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt
non-commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 27
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org.         

  I'm always looking for new and interesting music to play. If you have
something you think I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below. I'm perfectly
fine with downloads instead of CD's, especially for all you overseas
people who pay large sums of money to mail things here to the states. I
usually prefer high quality MP3's, though I can accept other formats if
necessary. Just send me an email for more info. At least half of what I
play these days comes to me through downloads. Thanks. 

  First, please note that my mailing address has changed. For various
reasons, I've decided to go with a PO Box for the foreseeable future. Please use the following
address for all mailings through traditional post. For UPS/package
mailings, please contact me for a suitable shipping address. Thanks for
your understanding.

Scott Raymond/WVKR
PO Box 146
Fishkill, NY 12524                   

  So much has changed since my last email. I went to Ireland in early
October and had a wonderful time. The whole country is beautiful, had some great food and
drink, saw some great concerts, and came back with some beautiful
pictures. I recommend it to anyone who wants to go.

  The moment I got back, I started packing and moving to a new place.
Already a stressful thing, but when you have tons of books and CD's like I do, it's that much
more so. Still moving and unpacking now, but the bulk of it is done. The
last couple of months have been interesting, but better times are ahead.

   For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for October,
2014. Enjoy!     

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

 WVKR "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
  October, 2014

1. Jonn Serrie - Day Star - New World Music
2. Alpha Wave Movement - Horizons - Harmonic Resonance Music
3. Craig Padilla - Sonar - Fruits de Mer
4. Dirk Serries - The Origin Reversal - Projekt
5. Steve Roach - The Delicate Forever - Projekt
6. Saul Stokes - LFOUFO - Self Released
7. Erik Wøllo - Tundra - Projekt
8. Iotronica - Of Moons and Stars - AD Music
9. Maya Beiser - Uncovered - Innova Recordings
10. Daniel Bachman - Orange County Serenade - Tompkins Square Records
11. Porya Hatami - The Garden - Dronarivm
12. Lee Anthony Norris & Porya Hatami - Every Day Feels Like A New Drug - Unknown Tone
13. Boreal Taiga - At Gutu - Wayfarer
14. Andy McKee - Mythmaker - Mythmaker Records
15. Parikrama - Manusyaloka - gterma
16. Patterns Of The Sky - The Long Flight - gterma
17. Solar Ocean - Enter Serenity - gterma
18. Phillip Wilkerson - Highlands Outtakes - Self Released
19. Michael Logozar - Dreams From Afar
20. Louis Colaiannia - Closer - LouisColaiannia

No comments:

Post a Comment