Sunday, December 29, 2013

Secret Music News, End of 2013

Hi -

  My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt
non-commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 26
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org.         

  I'm always looking for new and interesting music to play. If you have
something you think I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below. I'm perfectly
fine with downloads instead of CD's, especially for all you overseas
people who pay large sums of money to mail things here to the states. I
usually prefer high quality MP3's, though I can accept other formats if
necessary. Just send me an email for more info. At least half of what I
play these days comes to me through downloads. Thanks.                   


   The year is over, and it's been a good one for music. After all the
 time I've been doing this, it's nice to know I can still be pleasantly surprised when something shows
up on my doorstep or in my inbox. That's how it should be. When that
stops, it's not fun anymore. I got to see some interesting shows and meet
some cool people. It's as much about the people for me as it is about the
music. The people who listen, the people who make the music, they all make
for interesting stories. This was a year of change in my life, and it's
been good overall. A lot of work, but for good causes. The music business
is changing, too.

  In the coming year I'll be working more on my photography, in the hope
that it takes me to interesting places. And I'll be getting more involved with this business
of music to try and get a better grasp on where things are going, in the
hope that I can help others. I've heard success stories, and problems.
Hopefully we can share more and learn from each other more. And if you're
in the area and you want to drop by the studio some Sunday morning, I'd be
happy to have interesting guests. Just drop me a line and we'll work
something out.

  There's a new service out called DAR.fm. which allows you to record
radio shows (like mine). The website has more info. but it's basically a free service much
like a Tivo, which allows you to select and record radio shows for future
listening. Finally something for those of you who aren't around to listen
in on a Sunday morning.                      

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for December 2013, as
well as my top 25 albums of 2013. Enjoy!  

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/


Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net


  WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
      December, 2013

1. David Helpling & Jon Jenkins - Found - Spotted Peccary Music
2. Jeff Greinke - Scenes From a Train - Infectious Music
3. Robert Davies - Forgotten Harbors - Dataobscura
4. Naming Ghosts - Naming Ghosts - Penfield Music
5. Chronotope Project - Event Horizon - Relaxed Machinery
6. Jim Kirkwood - A Point Of Light In The Dark Well Of Time - Self Released
7. Paul Ellis - Seven Moonlit Landscapes - Self Released
8. 36 - Shadow Play - 3six Recordings
9. Lammergeyer - Between The Lines - Dataobscura
10. Chronotope Project - Solar Winds - Self Released
11. Frozen Thoughts - Calm Before The Storm - Glacial Movements
12. Doug Hammer - Heart - Dreamworld Productions
13. Kathryn Kaye - What the Winter Said - Overland Mountain Music
14. Ann Licater - Invitation from Within - Cul de Sac Mystic Productions
15. Isadar - In Search For The Meaning Of Christmas - Mainya Music
16. Jack Hertz & Cousin Silas - The Quiet Forest - We Are All Ghosts
17. David Hicken - Carols of Christmas - Enchanting Music
18. Ken Elkinson - Around The Globe In A Lullaby Volume 1 - August Son Productions
19. David Lanz - Movements of the Heart - Shanachie
20. David Nevue - Open Sky - Midnight Rain Productions


  WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 25 Albums of 2013

1. Meg Bowles - The Shimmering Land - Kumatone Records
2. Various Artists - Possibilities Of Circumstance - Projekt
3. David Van Tieghem - Thrown For A Loop - DVT
4. Symmetry - Music On WVKR-FM - Self Released
5. Emmalee Crane - Crowd Of Reeds - Self Released
6. David Sylvian & Stephan Mathieu - Wandermude - Samadhisound
7. Vidna Obmana - Twilight Of Perception 2 - Projekt
8. David Helpling & Jon Jenkins - Found - Spotted Peccary Music
9. Rick Cutler - From The Silence - Human Rick Music
10. Majeure - Solar Maximum - Temporary Residence
11. Dave Luxton - Fuzzy Music - Wayfarer
12. Julianna Barwick - Nepenthe - Dead Oceans
13. Brian Henke - Seven Magic Spells - Divine Wind
14. Masako - Masako - Self Released
15. Can Atilla - Hi Story - Groove Unlimited
16. Various Artists - Air Texture Vol.II - Air Texture
17. Dead Can Dance - In Concert - PIAS Spain
18. Wadephul - Ich Bin Ein Berliner - Ricochet Dream
19. Jeff Greinke - Scenes From a Train - Infectious Music
20. Ryuichi Sakamoto & Taylor Deupree - Disappearance - 12K
21. Blackmore's Night - Dancer And The Moon - Frontiers Records
22. Matt Borghi and Michael Teager - Convocation - Slobor Media
23. Ian Boddy - Sepulchre - DiN
24. Chuck Van Zyl - Cenotaph - Synkronos
25. Duet For Theremin And Lap Steel - Collaborations - Self Released

No comments:

Post a Comment