Monday, December 2, 2013

Secret Music News, December 2013

Hi -

  My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt
non-commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 26
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org.        

  I'm always looking for new and interesting music to play. If you have
something you think I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below. I'm perfectly
fine with downloads instead of CD's, especially for all you overseas
people who pay large sums of money to mail things here to the states. I
usually prefer high quality MP3's, though I can accept other formats if
necessary. Just send me an email for more info. At least half of what I
play these days comes to me through downloads. Thanks.                   

  The year is winding down, and it's been a lot of fun. With Thanksgiving
just passed, I figure I should give thanks as well. I'm thankful to all the musicians and labels
for sending me great music to play. I'm also grateful for the musicians
who have stopped by the WVKR studios to talk and play live for my
listeners. And I'm especially thankful for everyone who listens to the
show. It's all for you.

  There's a new service out called DAR.fm. which allows you to record
radio shows (like mine). The website has more info. but it's basically a free service much
like a Tivo, which allows you to select and record radio shows for future
listening. Finally something for those of you who aren't around to listen
in on a Sunday morning.                     

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for November, 2013.
Enjoy! 

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net


  WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
      November, 2013

1. Symmetry - Music On WVKR-FM - Self Released
2. Clannad - Nadur - ARC Music
3. Emptywhale - Some Hollow Lullabies - We Are All Ghosts
4. Nemesis - Living Statues - Self Released
5. Eluder - Through Horizon - Self Released
6. Mingo - Sky Over Sea - Sonarweb Communications
7. Stephan Micus - Panagia - ECM Records
8. Steve Roach - Live Transmission - Projekt
9. Stanton Lanier - Open Spaces - Music to Light the World
10. Liveform - Take One Vol.1 - Self Released
11. Patrick Landeza - Slack Key Huaka’i - Addison Street Records
12. Yuya Ota - Arctic April Mother - Glacial Movements
13. Heather Pierson - The Open Road - Vessel Recordings
14. Bryan Carrigan - Below Zero - Peonies Music
15. Zero Ohms - 3 6 9 - Relaxed Machinery
16. Kyle Pederson - Renewal - Self Released
17. Zachary Bruno - Before the Rain - Before the Rain
18. Cornell Kinderknecht - Nightfall - Little Greyhound Music
19. Sumner McKane - Select Visual History - Self Released
20. Joint Intelligence Committee - Excession - Bogus Focus

No comments:

Post a Comment