Thursday, September 5, 2013

Secret Music News, September 2013

Hi -

  My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt
non-commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 26
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org.     

  I'm always looking for new and interesting music to play. If you have
something you think I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below. I'm perfectly
fine with downloads instead of CD's, especially for all you overseas
people who pay large sums of money to mail things here to the states. I
usually prefer high quality MP3's, though I can accept other formats if
necessary. Just send me an email for more info. At least half of what I
play these days comes to me through downloads. Thanks.                

  Coming up this month is the annual WVKR Pledge Drive. WVKR is a
non-commercial station, supported to a large degree by listener donations. The pledge
drive will start on September 10 and run until September 16, with my
portion on Sunday, September 14. If any of you can help out with
interesting goodies to use as premiums for people's donations, please let
me know. It can be CD's, downloads, or most anything else. I'm open to
ideas.

 There's a new service out called DAR.fm. which allows you to record radio
shows (like mine). The website has more info. but it's basically a free service much
like a Tivo, which allows you to select and record radio shows for future
listening. Finally something for those of you who aren't around to listen
in on a Sunday morning.                   

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for August, 2013. Enjoy!
 

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/


Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net


  WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
     August, 2013

1. Rick Cutler - From The Silence - Human Rick Music
2. David Sylvian & Stephan Mathieu - Wandermude - Samadhisound
3. Perge - Attalus - Self Released
4. Ian Boddy - Liverdelphia - DiN
5. Calum Graham & Don Ross - 12:34 - CandyRat Records
6. Dirk Serries - Streams Of Consciousness 131106 - Tonefloat
7. Dirk Serries - Streams Of Consciousness 130806 - Tonefloat
8. Dirk Serries - Streams Of Consciousness 131006 - Tonefloat
9. James Johnson & Aperus - Ecotone - Geophonic
10. Chuck Johnson - Crows In The Basilica - Three Lobed Recordings
11. George Wallace - Soul Ascending - AirBorn music
12. Sigma - Sleep Of The Shadow - Self Released
13. Marsen Jules Trio - Presence Acousmatique - Oktaf
14. Alpha Wave Movement - Architexture Of Silence - Harmonic Resonance Recordings
15. Peter Janson - A Long Road - Eastern Woods Music
16. Sherry Finzer & Darin Mahoney - Transformation - Heart Dance Records
17. Savvas Ysatis & Taylor Deupree - Origin - 12k
18. Various Artists - Butterfly Effects - Relaxed Machinery
19. Phillip Wilkerson - Sojourner - Self Released
20. Ken Elkinson - Ambient Holidays Volume 3: Halloween Ambient -August Son Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment