Sunday, February 3, 2013

Secret Music News, February 2013

Hi -

  My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt
non-commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 25
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org.  

  I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting music to play on my
show. If you have something you think I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the
address below or email me for more info. If you're a local musician or
just passing through the beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to
stop by for a live interview and/or performance, drop me a line and we'll
work something out. Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your
releases in lieu of actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just send me an
email and let me know. Thanks.             

  It's cold here in New York, and I'm doing my best to keep warm. I'm
surprised at the amount of new music I've been getting, though. Usually this time of year is
quiet. Not this time. I'm always happy to see something new and
interesting show up in my mailbox or email. With the increase in postage
rates, it's not as easy for artists to mail CD's. I'm perfectly happy with
downloaded promos. Somewhere around half the albums I play these days come
to me this way. Just let me know.

  There's a new service out called DAR.fm. which allows you to record
radio shows (like mine). The website has more info. but it's basically a free service much
like a Tivo, which allows you to select and record radio shows for future
listening. Finally something for those of you who aren't around to listen
in on a Sunday morning.               

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for January, 2013. Enjoy!
 
http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/


Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net


  WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
      January, 2013

1. Majeure - Solar Maximum - Temporary Residence
2. Masako - Masako - Self Released
3. Alpha Wave Movement - Exiled Particles - Harmonic Resonance Reoordings
4. Steve Moore and Majeure - Brainstorm - Temporary Residence
5. Saul Stokes - Formation - Self Released
6. Adam Hurst - Festivale - Ash Records
7. The Green Kingdom - Incidental Music - Tench
8. Sam Rosenthal - Tanzmusik - Projekt
9. Brian Eno - Lux - Warp Records Limited
10. Bob Holroyd - RE: ambient - Self Released
11. Groupthink - Of Microscopic Origins - Periphery
12. Darwin Raymond - Beyond The Shore, The Sea - Resting Bell
13. Simon Scott - Below Sea Level - 12K
14. Kane Ikin - Sublunar - 12K
15. Dave Kydd - Unbroken - Self Released
16. Bernd Kistenmacher - Antimatter - Mellowjet
17. Robin Bullock - Majesty And Magic - Dancing Wolf
18. Disturbed Earth and Shane Morris - Suburban Catacombs - Relaxed Machinery
19. Gregg Plummer - Red Veil - Free Floating Music
20. Paul Adams - Sleep: The Dreaming Flute - Lakefront

No comments:

Post a Comment