Sunday, September 2, 2012

Secret Music News, September 2012

Hi -

  My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt
non-commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 25
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org. I'm always on the lookout for new
and interesting music to play on my show. If you have something you think
I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below or email
me for more info. If you're a local musician or just passing through the
beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to stop by for a live
interview and/or performace, drop me a line and we'll work something out.
Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your releases in lieu of
actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just send me an email and let me
know. Thanks.        

  Thanks to Markus Reuter who took time out of his busy schedule to come
up to the WVKR studios and talk about his music. He's a great guy and I got to see a
great show when he played locally with the group Stick Men, featuring
Markus, Tony Levin and Pat Mastellato. I also got to see Loren Dent
perform with Alexander Turnquist and I'm eagerly awaiting their upcoming
album.     

  The big news this time is that WVKR's annual fundraiser will be taking
place from September 11 to September 17. We rely on listener contributions to pay the
bills and stay on the air. If you'd like to help, send me something I can
use as a premium for listener donations. CD's, T-shirts, download
vouchers, etc. I'm certainly open to suggestions. I'd be very grateful for
anything you can spare. Email me if you have any questions. Of course,
anyone who wants to donate during my show on Sunday, September 16, is
certianly welcome. I'll have T-shirts, CD's, and other goodies for you.

  There's a new service out called DAR.fm. which allows you to record
radio shows (like mine). The website has more info. but it's basically a free service much
like a Tivo, which allows you to select and record radio shows for future
listening. Finally something for those of you who aren't around to listen
in on a Sunday morning.          

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for August 2012. Enjoy! 
 
www.secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net


  WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
     August, 2012

1. V/A - The Gathering - West River Records
2. Symmetry - WMD - Self Released
3. Icebreaker - Apollo - Cantaloupe Music
4. Paul Ellis - Fragments of the Great Blue Nowhere - Self Released
5. Marconi Union - Different Colours - Just Music
6. Steve Roach & Dirk Serries - Low Volume Music - Projekt
7. Loren Nerell - Slow Dream - Projekt
8. Andrew Lahiff - Quiet Correlations - Self Released
9. Cousin Silas - Adrift Off The Isles Of Langerhans - Earthrid
10. Cousin Silas - The Path Between The Trees - We Are All Ghosts
11. Forrest Fang - Seeds Of Memory - Treetrunk
12. Willamette - Always In Postscript - Own
13. Mystified w/ Robin Storey - Music for Transit - RoilNoise
14. Ludovico Einaudi - Islands - Decca Records
15. Chris Russell - Bloom - Relaxed Machinery
16. Matt Borghi - Ghost Ship On A Black Sea - Slobor
17. Steve Brand - Catalyst - Relaxed Machinery
18. William Spivey & Aos Crowley - Absence Of Matter - Sound4Good
19. Sparky Quano - Jenga - Self Released
20. Sun An - Henry Street - CD RT

No comments:

Post a Comment