Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Secret Music News, October 2011

Hi -

My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt non
- commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 24
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org. I'm always on the lookout for new
and interesting music to play on my show. If you have something you think
I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below or email
me for more info. If you're a local musician or just passing through the
beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to stop by for a live
interview and/or performace, drop me a line and we'll work something out.
Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your releases in lieu of
actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just send me an email and let me
know. Thanks.

First, we had our annual pledge drive in September, and I raised over $ 500. Thanks to all the listeners that called in, and thanks to all the labels and musicians who contributed CD's to the cause. It makes a difference and I'm grateful
to all of you.

Second, I got to see two great shows this past month. The first was
Electro Music 2011, in Huguenot, New York. It's a fun place, with lots of people I know, and great music as well. The other was Equinoxygen 2011, in Hackensack, New
Jersey. This was a one day event showcasing all different kinds of electronic music. I helped with setup and breakdown, and all the little things to do during the course of the day. And saw a lot of great music, too. The highlight was Neil Nappe, who hadn't performed in over 10 years, and put on an amazing performance. Thanks to Darren Bergstein for making it happen.

I've got some interesting upcoming events here at Secret Music. On
October 16, Shane King of redgreenblue will be my guest, playing music from his CD's. And in November, I will be hosting interviews with both Air Sculpture and Alpha
Wave Movement. Stay tuned for more details.

There's a new service out called DAR.fm. which allows you to record
radio shows (like mine). The website has more info. but it's basically a free service much like a Tivo, which allows you to select and record radio shows for future listening. Finally something for those of you who aren't around to listen
in on a Sunday morning.

For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for September 2011.
Enjoy!

www.secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com



Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net


WVKR "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
September, 2011

1. Balmorhea - Live At Sint-Elisabethkirk - Western Vinyl
2. Adam Rafferty - I Remember Michael - Crescent Ridge Publising
3. Paul Ellis - From Out of the Vast Comes Nearness - Lotuspike
4. Saul Stokes - Sleek Nucleus - Stokesmusic
5. Alpha Wave Movement - Myriad Stars - Harmonic Resonance
6. Rhian Sheehan - Seven Tales Of The North Wind - Deepspace
7. Paul Nagle - Beyond E-Ville - Bogus Focus
8. cyberCHUMP - Their Moment of Perfect Happiness - Internal Combustion
9. Erik Wøllo - Silent Currents - Projekt
10. Dave Luxton - Dreams Ghosts and Parallel Universes - Wayfarer
11. Michael Peck - Bodies To The Sky - World Waiting Records
12. Fabio Anile - Weightless - Eterogeneo
13. Max Corbacho - Lost Links - Relaxed Machinery
14. Noveller - Glacial Glow - Weird Forest
15. Buzz Turner - The View From Here - Aerial Music
16. Kyle Bobby Dunn - Ways Of Meaning - Desire Path
17. Stephan Mathieu - A Static Place - 12K
18. Robert Carty - Photonic Movements - Earth Mantra
19. Richard Carr - Summer Wishes Winter Dreams - Carrtunes
20. Max Goldston - Awakening - Aurum

No comments:

Post a Comment