Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Christopher Cameron of Thought Guild has passed away

I am saddened to tell you that Christopher Cameron has passed away on August 22, 2011 at the age of 44. I was shocked when Darren told me the news. I knew Chris a little, as we'd met on a few occasions and corresponded over the years. The most important thing I can say about him is that he was genuinely a kind soul and a nice person. Intelligent, kind, open minded, and a good sense of humor. He also happened to be a gifted musician who was all too humble about his talent. In addition to his work with Greg Kyryluk as Thought Guild, he released an album with Jim Cole and John Boiano as Expansion Project, and an album with Robert Dauphineis as TGXT, both of which I heartily recommend. Perhaps his best work has yet to see the light of day. Over a year ago, he gave me a CD of music he'd been working on. He wasn't sure if it was ready, or if he was happy with the results, and wanted my opinion. I told him it was brilliant space music as is, and didn't need any improving. A great human being, and a talented musician, who left us way too soon. Good luck, Christopher.

Here's a couple of useful links, with a little more information. I'll post more as I find out.

http://www.emportal.info/viewtopic.php?p=60163#60163

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/hartfordcourant/obituary.aspx?n=christopher-a-cameron&pid=153260998

No comments:

Post a Comment