Saturday, October 9, 2010

Secret Music Top 20 September 2010

Hi -

My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt non
- commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 23
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org. I'm always on the lookout for new
and interesting music to play on my show. If you have something you think
I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below or email
me for more info. If you're a local musician or just passing through the
beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to stop by for a live
interview and/or performace, drop me a line and we'll work something out.
Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your releases in lieu of
actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just send me an email and let me
know. Thanks.

I have a website/blog where I post playlists, etc. Be sure to check it out
for more information. I could also use local concert information as well.
If you're a local musician, or just playing locally, send me concert info
and I'll put it up on the blog for all to see. I've even got a picture of
my new neighbors, a family of red foxes that moved in under the shed.
Here's the link:

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

First, WVKR had its annual fundraiser last month, and I raised $1000 in
3 hours. I'm very grateful for such a good showing in these troubled times.
It's always gratifying to know that people out there listen and appreciate
what I do. Many thanks to all of the labels and musicians who contributed
CD"s to the cause. Special thanks to the folks at Hidden Shoal for donating
download vouchers to their online store. It was something different and cool,
and muchly appreciated. And thanks most of all to the listeners who called in
and donated. It's because of people like you that I'm still doing this
after 23 years.

I also got to see the Electro-Music festival this year, It was held at a
retreat in the town of Huguenot, NY, just outside of Port Jervis. I only got
to go for one day this time, but still had a lot of fun and got to see some great
performances, meet some wonderful people and come home with lots of CD's
to play on the show. Thanks once again to the Electro Music crew for
making it all happen.

Next week (October 17), I'm pleased to welcome guitarist Peter
Biedermann on the show. It's his first visit, and he'll be playing guitar and talking about his music. Should be lots of fun.

Here's my top 20 list for the month of September. Enjoy!

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net


WVKR - FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
September, 2010

1. David Helpling & Jon Jenkins - The Crossing - Spotted Peccary Music
2. Adam Hurst - Elegy - Self Released
3. Nattefrost - Live in Germany 2008 & 2009 - Groove Unlimited
4. Nunc Stans - Stanzas From The Museum Of Dreams - Dataobscura
5. Andrew Lahiff - Cosmic Archeology - Self Released
6. Cadenced Haven - Peregrination - Groove Unlimited
7. Gert Emmens - The Nearest Faraway Place, Volume 3 - Groove Unlimited
8. Blow Up Hollywood - Take Flight - Self Released
9. Lucette Bourdin - Rumors From Cypress Town - Earth Mantra
10. Olan Mill - Pine - Serein
11. Various Artists - Beyond Berkeley Guitar - Tompkins Square
12. Brian Parnham - The Broken Silence - Floating Point Records
13. Michael Stribling - Paradise Lost - Leela Music
14. Peter Jennison - Longing for Home. Songs from War - Self Released
15. Nettless - Phobos And Deimos - Earth Mantra
16. Eyes Cast Down - The Separate Ones - Self Released
17. Ann Licater - Doorway to a Dream - Cul de Sac Mystic Productions
18. Bob Kilgore - Back in the Day - Weaseltrap Records
19. Mister Vapor and The Ghost Between The Strings - Esoteric Vapor - Egocide Productions
20. Mac Of BIOnight - Sleep - Self Released

No comments:

Post a Comment