Sunday, March 14, 2010

Secret Music Top 20 February 2010

Hi -

My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt non
- commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 22
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org. I'm always on the lookout for new
and interesting music to play on my show. If you have something you think
I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below or email
me for more info. If you're a local musician or just passing through the
beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to stop by for a live
interview and/or performace, drop me a line and we'll work something out.
Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your releases in lieu of
actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just send me an email and let me
know. Thanks.

It's finally starting to warm up a little here, and none too soon. We
got smacked with a major snowstorm a couple of weeks back that knocked out my power for two days and cut off power to WVKR's transmitter for several days. But things are
back to normal now. About time...

I have a website/blog where I post playlists, etc. Be sure to check it
out for more information. I could also use local concert information as well. If you're a local musician, or just playing locally, send me concert info and I'll
put it up on the blog for all to see. Here's the link:

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

Speaking of concerts, my friend Darren Bergstein has a great new house
concert series at his home in Woodcliff Lake, NJ. Lots of dates coming up, with known and unknown artists. Darren's going to be awfully busy this year, it seems. I
saw Richard Lainhart play there recently, and I'll be back for many more.
Hope to see you there.

http://onethousandpulses.wordpress.com/

That's it for now. Here's my top 20 playlist for February, 2010. Enjoy!

WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
February, 2010

1. Various Artists - Awakenings 2009 Vol.1 - Ambientlive
2. Loren Dent - Anthropology Vol.1 - Infraction
3. Daryl Shawn - Body Of A Poet - Dimed
4. Richard Bone - The Ghosts Of Hanton Village - Quirkworks Laboratory Discs
5. Sleepy Town Manufacture & Unit 21 - No Traces - Infraction
6. Dave Luxton - When The World Was Young - Wayfarer
7. Various Artists - Awakenings 2009 Vol.1.5 - Ambientlive
8. Marconi Union - 13 - MU Transmissions
9. Garth Green - Off The Map - Garth Green
10. Sonoprint - Deep Flight Expedition - Sonoprint
11. Tim Farrell - Codas - Magrathea Recordings
12. Ramp - Archetypes - Doombient
13. Viridian Sun - Infinite In All Directions - Hypnos Secret Sounds
14. Streamline - Abandon Summer - Streamline
15. Celer - Engaged Touches - Home Normal
16. Parks - Hidden - Infraction
17. Bill Dutcher - Finding Time - Bill Dutcher
18. Ludovico Einaudi - NightBook - Ponderosa Music & Art
19. Alpha Wave Movement - Cosmic Mandala - Harmonic Resonance Recordings
20. Ian Hawgood - Snow Roads - Dragon's Eye

No comments:

Post a Comment